2016 Summer Internship Opportunities
AMPG is seeking a dynamic Mechanical Engineering (Technology) student to join our internship program!
Our collaborative team is made up of multidisciplinary engineers, manufacturing experts, and experienced project and business operations leaders. Together, we work with the world’s leading companies to manufacture and deliver specialty and hard-to-find fasteners. In addition, we also work with OEMs and architects to invent new products and solutions specific to their needs.
Your passion, flexibility, and commitment to lifelong learning will be greeted with great mentorship, a high level of exposure to pre production, manufacturing, distribution, unique web application technology development processes, and an open office environment.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to gain experience from an industry-leading company, working with a successful family-owned company, please read on for more information about your next adventure!
Are you a person who turns theory into practice? Did you prefer Legos to trading cards? Did you prefer building forts to role-playing games? Have you ever broken something trying to make it go faster? Can you use a soldering iron, run a graphics station, tap an M2 thru hole, or hack your Wi-Fi router?
We are looking for bright, motivated engineering students who want to apply themselves to hard-core engineering, prototyping, and short run production programs. You may be AMPG material if you are self-motivated, excel at learning, play as hard as you work, routinely exceed others’ expectations, are mentally flexible and enjoy taking ownership and sharing success. A good attitude and raw intellect are essential.
This Internship is 3 months in duration and can span up to 6 months. Summer internships start in May or June. This internship is located in Indianapolis, IN.
- Have a great attitude and carnivorous need to learn
- Answer the question “Are you ready to…” with “yes!” No matter if that question is clean the fridges, design a test fixture, or render out 100 products
- Work with a team of exceptional people
- Involvement in multi-disciplinary projects
- Self-start and fill your own plate with something useful to do
- Basic CAD skills in either ProE or SolidWorks a must; Solidworks preferred
- Hands on experience building or fixing physical things; from mouse-traps to space-shuttles, brain-hand-tool connection
- Advanced CAD skills in either ProE or SolidWorks a bonus
- Basic rendering skills with Keyshot a bonus
- Exposure or background with basic manufacturing processes a plus
- Available to intern during full time business hours Monday through Friday
- Currently enrolled in a college or university, or no more than 1 year out from graduation date
THIS IS REQUIRED of all engineering applicants. Your application will not be considered without a portfolio. Please upload your portfolio with your resume or provide a link to your online portfolio.
A portfolio should exemplify your skills, show projects you have worked on and any other type of work you’ve done in the mechanical engineering field. It should be a presentation of you and your experiences as it relates to the job qualifications.
We are now accepting applications for paid summer internships. Deadline for applying is May 13, but applicants will be reviewed and hired as their resumes and portfolios are received (first come, first hired). To apply, please complete the form below.